If you’re learning about marketing in China, this is a great place to start.
In fact, if you’re in the business of selling high-value items like technology solutions, professional services or higher education then this is the most useful English-language guide about Chinese marketing in the world—and it’s free.
We’ve been writing and updating this content since 2008. Each post is thoroughly researched. Most are battle-tested too, meaning these are the marketing methods that we’ve used over and over again. Learning them will help your company (or institution) drive up revenue in China.
Chinese Search Marketing
Learn about Baidu and China’s major search engines, both for advertising and search engine optimization.
Baidu can be a powerful tool to drive targeted traffic for your business. Still, there are many differences between Baidu and Google.
- Baidu Marketing
- A Video Tour of Baidu
- China’s 4 Major Search Engines
- Baidu Pay Per Click Search Advertising Guide
- Baidu SEO Basics – How to Optimize Your Site for Baidu
- Baidu Analytics Guide
- What Is Baidu Baike?
Chinese Social and Content Marketing
Learn about China’s social platforms, how regular people use them, and how to use them for marketing.
The Chinese social media ecosystem is unique. All major Western platforms are blocked in China.
- Six Chinese Social Media Platforms You Need to Know
- WeChat Content Marketing
- A Video Tour of WeChat
- What is a WeChat Company Page (Official Account)
- WeChat Subscription Accounts vs Service Accounts
- How to Write Great WeChat Articles
- WeChat Analytics
- WeChat Menu Configuration (Turning Your WeChat Account Into a Mini Website)
- Step-by-Step Guide To WeChat Customer Support
- WeChat Account Setup Guide
- KOLs (Influencers) in Chinese Marketing Campaigns
- Weibo Marketing
- Douyin Marketing
- A Video Tour of Zhihu
- A Tour of Bilibili
- Make the Most of Your Content Marketing in China
- What is Toutiao? (Chinese Social News Platform)
Websites – Localization, Hosting and Payments
Learn how to adjust your website for Chinese users.
Your website will be a hub for your Chinese marketing campaign. You’ll definitely need to place high-quality Chinese content on it. Besides that, you should decide how to make sure your website is accessible in China, loads quickly and offers a good user experience.
- The Simple Guide to Chinese Website Transcreation
- How to Optimize a Website’s Loading Speed for China
- Choosing the Right Chinese Company Name
- Online Payments in China
- How to Host Videos in China
- How to Use Google Analytics in China
- Baidu Analytics Guide
Learn how to put together a Chinese B2B marketing campaign to beat the competitions’.
B2B is one of the two core areas where we work. In this section, we revisit the marketing methods from above, while reframing in a B2B context.
- Top 10 Chinese B2B Marketing Tactics for 2021
- Subscribe via the block below for Our four-email course that will help you:
- understand WeChat and how to use it for marketing,
- know how Baidu differs from Google,
- decide what to do with your website,
- get results from organic search traffic with less effort,
- earn the trust of your future Chinese clients, and
- avoid some newbie mistakes that would otherwise cause you pain down the road.
- Zhihu Marketing for B2B
- Is Account-Based Marketing Worth It in China?
Marketing for Educational Institutions (Student Recruitment)
Learn how to promote a school, college or university in China.
While most the content above is relevant to education marketing, the posts below provide additional context. They’ll help teach you where to reach Chinese students, how to increase the number of applications, and how to support your agents better.